Falls Creek and Hotham to Suspend Lift Operations, Perisher to Remain Open
After careful consideration of the new restrictions in Victoria due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, Vail Resorts is suspending ski-lifting operations at Falls Creek and Hotham Ski Resorts, effective Thursday, 9 July through at least 19 August, consistent with the current stay at home directions for metropolitan Melbourne. We will continue to assess the situation and follow the guidelines of the state health authorities in evaluating if it is advisable or feasible to reopen. Perisher will remain open, operating in accordance with COVID-19 restrictions in NSW.
We recognise that this is incredibly disappointing news, especially to those of you who have made reservations at Hotham and Falls Creek this season. We assure you that we did not make this decision lightly as we know our employees, guests and the communities where we operate have already endured so much hardship this year. However, we are focused first and foremost
on health and safety, following local health guidelines and doing our part to support efforts across Victoria to address the recent rise in coronavirus cases.
Guests who purchased a 2020 Epic Australia Pass, who have not used the pass and who do not wish to proceed with their pass purchase, may obtain a refund by making a request here no later than Sunday 12 July. After the 12 July refund deadline, the 2020 Epic Australia Pass is non-refundable except as provided for under Epic Coverage and under Australian Consumer Law.
All lift ticket, ski and ride lesson and rental reservations and bookings will be cancelled and refunded. We will email guests directly today regarding the process to obtain refunds. We are currently experiencing significant delays in our call centres so we kindly ask guests to be patient as we process these refunds.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate through this incredibly challenging time.
Epic Australia Pass
The Epic Australia Pass is the best value season pass for Australians and connects Perisher, Falls Creek and Hotham with Whistler Blackcomb, Hakuba Valley and Rusutsu in Japan and the Best of the U.S including Park City, Vail, Breckenridge and more. Ski and board year round in four countries, all on one incredible pass.
With your Epic Australia Pass you will enjoy:
- Access to Perisher in the 2020 season. Epic Australia Pass guests will be required to make a reservation to access the resort through to 19 July and on weekends until further notice due to limited lifts and terrain in the season ramp up and the requirement to carefully manage resort capacity.
- After careful consideration of the new restrictions in Victoria due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, Vail Resorts is suspending ski-lifting operations at Falls Creek and Hotham Ski Resorts, effective Thursday, 9 July through at least 19 August, consistent with the current stay at home directions for metropolitan Melbourne.
- Five consecutive days with no blackout dates at both Rusutsu and Hakuba Valley, Japan for the 2020 – 2021 season.
- Access to Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Park City in Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe, California and Stowe in Vermont in the 2020 - 2021 season (holiday restrictions apply).
- 10 days combined at Whistler Blackcomb, Vail and Beaver Creek in the 2020 - 2021 season (holiday restrictions apply; days do not have to be consecutive).
- Unlimited, unrestricted access to Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte and Stevens Pass in the 2020 - 2021 season.
- Unlimited, unrestricted access to The 17 Peak Resorts ski areas; Mount Snow, Attitash Mountain Resort, Wildcat Mountain, Hunter Mountain, Crotched Mountain, Roundtop Mountain, Liberty Mountain, Big Boulder, Whitetail Resort, Boston Mills, Jack Frost, Mad River Mountain, Alpine Valley, Paoli Peaks, Brandywine, Hidden Valley, Snow Creek in the 2020 - 2021 season.
Lock in your Epic Australia Pass for only $889 for Adults, $499 for Students (up to year 12) and $685 for Seniors (65 years and over). The Epic Australia Pass pays for itself in under 4 days*.
Now's the time to lock in your 2020 Epic Australia Pass – buy before 12 July 2020.
Epic Australia Pass holders also receive unrivalled savings and benefits, including:
**Ski year-round at Perisher during the 2020 season and at Whistler and the Best of the U.S. during their 2020/21 season for less than the price of 4 x 1-day lift tickets at Vail!
*Access to Telluride and Resorts of the Canadian Rockies is not included on the Epic Australia Pass. Looking for access to these resorts? Click here.