Perisher New Employees


Perisher attempts to provide the most up-to-date information available for our Visa staff.

However, it's your responsibility to ensure you are not in breach of any Immigration laws. Please familiarise yourself with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) website at

I have been offered a Sponsored Visa (Subclass 457). What do I need to do now?

As the requirements change from year to year for Sponsored Visa applicants and employers, your Human Resources contact will be in touch (usually via email) with the details of what is required of you. To ensure you're receiving all email communication, be sure to keep your email address up-to-date.

What happens when I cease work with Perisher? (Sponsored Visa Staff)

Perisher must notify Immigration that your employment has been terminated within five days of you ceasing employment with us.

How long do I have to depart Australia once I cease work with Perisher?

DIAC have updated their information for Sponsored Visa (subclass 457) to state that you should depart Australia within 28 days of ceasing employment, or before your visa expires (whichever is sooner). For further information visit:

I think my Visa is about to expire. What should I do?

Regardless of whether you're employed on a Sponsored Visa, Working Holiday, Work & Holiday, Spousal or any other form of Australian visa, it's your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient rights to work in Australia. If you think your visa is due to expire soon, you will need to contact DIAC. Depending on your situation, you may be able to do this online or over the telephone. However, you may be required to visit a DIAC office in person. For further information, contact DIAC

As part of your employment, Perisher requires you to supply a copy of the bio page of your current passport along with a copy of your visa indicating your Visa Grant Number and your work entitlements. You will not be able to commence work with Perisher until you've provided this information.

Perisher requires you to have a visa with sufficient time remaining on it to cover you to work for the majority of the season. Perisher will take note of your visa expiry date and you will not be able to work beyond this date unless you have made other visa arrangements.

How can I extend my Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)?

In order to extend your first Australian Working Holiday Visa for another 12 months, you need to meet certain criteria for age and type of work undertaken while in Australia. For further information, please visit: